Matthew J Smith BDS, MB BS, FDS RCS (Eng) GDC number 72373
Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of England
Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Why should you choose me for your implant treatment?
- I am not a general dentist. I have extensive oral surgery and implant experience going back to 1996.
- I work in hospital in an NHS role and in private practice limited to implant and oral surgery.
- UK Trained as an undergraduate and postgraduate with extensive experience in implant dentistry and oral & maxillofacial surgery.
- I am both medically and dentally qualified.
- An open, simple and transparent pricing structure. There will be no hidden costs or added extra fees.
- If an implant fails to integrate with your bone in the first instance, we will replace it (if possible) at no further cost.
- I am able to provide a complete implant service myself from start to finish and have trained many general dental surgeons to provide implant treatment.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgeons of the Royal College of Surgeons of England – FDS RCS (Eng)
- A Fellowship / FDS is the highest postgraduate clinical qualification in clinical dentistry.
- Senior Clinical Teacher in Oral Surgery at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College London.
- Outside my hospital position, all of my clinical work is implant and oral surgery related.
- I have taught and mentored many dentists over the years so that they can provide an implant service at their practices.
- I am fully trained in a variety of different implant systems from various manufacturers.
- I exclusively use only the finest tried and tested implant types available.
- Experience gained from both practice and hospital environment and work as a Senior Clinical Teacher and occasional Examiner at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College London.
The implant service I provide is part of the broader service provision of the dental practices that we use and all are registered with the Care Quality Commission.
Matthew qualified from Guy’s Hospital Dental School (UMDS) in 1996 with distinction and worked in the speciality of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, during which time he studied and obtained a Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FDS RCS Eng) – this is the highest clinical postgraduate qualification in Dentistry.
Matthew then studied Medicine (in order to pursue a career in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery), during which time he began providing an Oral Surgery service for local Dentists and their patients and began teaching Oral Surgery to Dental Students at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College London. Since qualifying with distinction in all clinical subjects as a Medical Doctor, Matthew still works part-time as a Senior Clinical Teacher and Examiner at Guy’s Hospital and part-time in dental practice limited to Oral Surgery and Implantology. He has written a chapter in the best-selling textbook “Essential Human Disease for Dentists” and is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Matthew has a wealth of experience in dental implant therapy, gained both in hospital (since 1996) and in practice (since 2002) and is trained in a variety of Implant systems to offer maximum flexibility.
Matthew is an ex-school governor and has a keen interest in music, gardening, sport, photography and cooking.